Friday, May 9, 2008

Predaking - The Fearless Decepticon Warrior

misb Predaking c-9.5

Predaking is the ferocious combination of the five Predacons: team leader Razorclaw, Divebomb, Headstrong, Rampage and Tantrum. Of all the combiner toys, Predaking is easily one of the most magnificent looking, however, its arms and legs are not interchangeable, unlike the Scramble City-style toys such as Bruticus and Defensor. In late 2004, Predaking was reissued as a giftset, using metal parts, with pieces that were originally soft plastic in the vintage version now using hard plastic. It was really great news to Transformer collectors who would have baulked at the current market prices of the vintage version. I bought mine from an online buyer, and I distinctly remembered that I kept admiring the beautiful artwork on the box when I reached home after collecting the toy. I still do, and it remains one of my favourite toys, mainly because it was the first combiner I acquired.

No comments: